Support your North County community - volunteer with Kaiser Permanente Hospice!
8 people are interested
Support patients in your local community - Apply today!
Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteers are unique people who have special places in their hearts that motivate them to provide voluntary services to our Hospice patients and their family members in the home care and inpatient settings.Hospice Volunteers are thoroughly trained in hospice care and are members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team. Specific volunteer tasks may include:
- Giving relief to family caregivers in the home to allow them some special time to rest and relax.
- Running errands and grocery shopping.
- Sharing a hobby or interest.
- Reading to the patient, writing letters or cards, and making telephone calls.
- Preparing light meals and menu planning.
- Listening to music together.
- Visiting with the patient and family.
About Kaiser Permanente San Diego
9455 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92123, US
To provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
Kaiser Permanente was founded on the radically simple idea that everyone deserves the chance to live a healthy life. That’s why you can find high-quality care and coverage in one place.
Our membes are at the center of everything we do - from pioneering new ways to treat cancer to building useful tools that make it easier to stay on top of your health.
We’re all in this together. And together, we thrive.
We'll work with your schedule.
17140 Bernardo Center DriveSan Diego, CA 92128
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week, 1 year commitment.