Food Pantry Associate in Longwood (must be 55 or older)
Volunteers for Community Impact
Pantry Volunteers in the morning need great customer service as you will be working with the clients to fill their order. Morning will also:
* Fill client orders
* Unload deliveries
* Receive, sort, organize and record food donated to the pantry
* Assist client’s to their vehicle with food order
* Prepare emergency food orders to have on hand and as needed for clients
* File client paperwork and tracking statistical information and recording in the database
* Assist with maintenance and cleanliness of the pantry and client services equipment
* Mark food items and stock shelves as needed
* Assist with distribution of USDA commodity foods to low income residents of Seminole County as indicated by Client Service Coordinator
* Other duties as assigned to ensure harmonious and efficient operation of the pantry
Volunteers in the afternoon will restock shelves, assist in cleaning and fill food boxes. There will not be interaction with the clients at this time.
About Volunteers for Community Impact
3545 Lake Breeze Dr., Orlando, FL 32808, US
Our mission: "Improving Lives Through Volunteerism."
We are the leading organization for senior volunteerism in the greater Central Florida area, serving Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties. Just last year, 1,186 caring adult volunteers gave 438,683 hours of service. That is more than $9.5 million dollars worth of volunteer service being poured back into our communities.
Previously known as Florida Senior Programs, VCI has been the sponsoring agency for the REtired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) and Foster Grandparent Programs since 1977. Our 36 year presence has proven our aptitude for providing meaningful and impactful volunteer experiences.
VCI provides membership benefits and support to volunteers aged 55+, at no cost to the volunteers or their volunteer stations. Just a few of the benefits of membership include: Supplemental insurance while volunteering, a dedicated coordinator, and matching to find the perfect position to fit the interest of the volunteer.