Prepare your Community for Emergencies - New Castle County, DE
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Prepare youth, families and communities for disasters (such as home fire, flood, or even larger scale disasters) by giving them the proper knowledge they need.
You'll conduct The Pillowcase Project presentations given to youth, in schools and community settings. The Pillowcase Project is offered by the Red Cross to youth ages 8 - 11 in order to give them awareness and understanding of natural hazards, teach safety and emotional coping skills, as well as the importance of personal preparedness. It's called the Pillowcase Project because student have the opportunity to decorate and personalize their own pillowcases, which serve as containers for a personal emergency supplies kit. Kids are encouraged to share what they've learned with friends and family, effectively creating a more prepared community.
- Assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at risk youth, etc.
- Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a timely manner
- Carry out administrative duties, such as: Data management, Site outreach and scheduling, Inventory management, Reporting collection and entry and Quiz grading.
Save a life - join today!
Training provided by the American Red Cross
About American Red Cross - Greater Chesapeake Region
4800 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Anywhere in the CountyWilmington, DE 19801
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: • 5-15 hours per week, flexible • Schedule depends on presentation appointments and school • Daytime availability a plus
- 1 year, renewable