Patient Administrative Volunteer - Mondays
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
This is a key position as part of the Hospice of Chattanooga Cleveland Team in providing excellent service to patients in hospice care. A volunteer is needed to contact each patient by phone, following the weekend, in order to obtain information about patient's current health status and well-being and to check for any medical, supply, or psychosocial needs and report those needs to the nurse or social worker. Hours for this position are Mondays from 10:00 am - 11:30am and would ideally include a team of at least 2 volunteers to complete the task. There are other administrative volunteer options available such as filing and assisting staff with various other tasks within the office. Please contact Kimberly_Hackney@hospiceofchattanooga.org for more information.
About Hospice of Chattanooga
4411 Oakwood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37416, US
"We at Hospice of Chattanooga take the time to listen, honor your choices, and walk with you through life's journey."
What is Hospice?
- Hospice care is about people caring for people with terminal illnesses in a loving, sensitive and personal way that allows patients to spend the final days of their lives with dignity, in their own homes, surrounded by family and friends.
- One fear of the seriously ill is uncontrollable pain. With hospice, medication is available for any patient who has a problem with pain. The goal is to achieve constant control over it, without impairing alertness.
- It recognizes the need of each person to maintain control over his or her own life, as patients and families are included in all decisions related to the care provided.
- Support is provided in the patient's home so the family can remain together in their own familiar environment.
- With the support and symptom management of the hospice team, the patient is usually able to remain at home thoughout the entire illness.
2145 Keith StreetCleveland, TN 37311
- Customer Service
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 hours volunteer orientation training and additional hands-on training.
- Commitment to weekly schedule.