DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Social Media Assistant Manager
ORGANIZATION: RANDOM ACTS ORG
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Random Acts, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting kindness and compassion around the world, is seeking a Social Media Assistant Manager. The Social Media Assistant Manager has a critical role in developing and maintaining healthy and productive communication with the organization's supporters and its wider audience.
Reporting to the Messaging Manager, the Social Media Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting to maintain Random Acts’ presence and reputation in the social media world, as well as facilitating communications on the social media accounts they are responsible for. The Social Media Assistant Manager is also responsible for managing the Social Media Specialists, and are expected to provide flexibility and cover/support for the social media team where required.
- Encourage and assist the Social Media Specialist team on the correct tone in engaging with supporters through social media channels.
- Create messaging for Random Acts social media channels, utilizing Kindness Stories, current partnerships, content relevant to our support base, etc.
- Assure that Random Acts accounts that appear on a variety of channels, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest, and any other accounts are maintained and running well
- Working with the Messaging Manager, maintain the social media calendar and schedule, ensuring posts have inclusive language and graphics
- Working with the Messaging Manager and Creative Director, help implement the Random Acts social media strategy and ensure a consistent message is shared with supporters across platforms
- Maintain a proactive approach to communications on all social media accounts
- Stay informed of upcoming trends and developments within the field of social media
- Keep the Messaging Manager and Creative Director informed of significant problems that jeopardize the well-being of the organization or its reputation, including any potential issues.
- Schedule and lead 1:1 meetings with staff members on a regular basis.
- Attend staff and departmental meetings as required
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of professional social media experience
- Experience in using social media as a public relations tool
- Speaks, reads, and writes English fluently
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, supporters, peers and the public
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- The ability to work independently as well as on a team, and the ability to manage tasks or
- projects from implementation through to completion
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Random Acts reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
This role requires remote working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
Random Acts is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Random Acts is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
About RANDOM ACTS ORG
1009 Oakwood Ln #121569, Arlington, TX 76012, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 10, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18
- About 5-10 hours/week most weeks - a few weeks out of the year during our big events there are more hours required.