Love the Arts? We Need You!
1 person is interested
Organization: Maple Grove Arts Center
Role Type: 3 - 5+ hours per week Commitment
Reporting to: Volunteer Coordinator
The Maple Grove Arts Center is a 501c3 nonprofit arts center. Their mission is: To provide fine art, musical and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities.
The arts center’s vision: To become highly visible, vibrant, financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
We are looking for volunteers who can give a minimum of three hours a week to facilitate the opening of our space on a regular basis. It is our aim to have our space open from 11am - 5pm Mondays to Saturdays, and have help with Opening Evenings of our shows.
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Opening and/or closing the space in Maple Grove
- Greeting visitors and making them feel welcome in our space
- Taking money for sales of items, recording of such transactions for treasurer, training will be given.
- General cleaning of surfaces and bathrooms, all equipment is provided
- Helping at our Opening Nights, directing guests to food and beverages etc
- Giving out leaflets about classes and general information sharing about Center to guests.
- Photocopying of documents as required
- Ad-hoc duties as asked
About Maple Grove Arts Center
11666 Fountains Drive, Maple Grove, Maple Grove, MN 55369, US
To provide fine art, musical, dance, comedic and theatrical exploration and appreciation opportunities
To become highly visible, vibrant and financially stable organization, offering quality art, education and art appreciation with extensive community participation, outreach and patron involvement.
Housing both gallery and studio space with a desireable main street location, the Maple Grove Arts Center has been serving and sharing art with its community since 2009.
Several community groups utilize our space for meetings and shows. We have classes for children, seniors, beginning, intermediate and beyond!
MGAC has 12 gallery shows per year. This gives our member and artist's many chances to exhibit and share their work.
We'll work with your schedule.
11666 Fountains DriveOsseo, MN 55369
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Arts Administration
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 3 hours per week (one shift)
- Love art, flexible with a can-do attitude!