Emergency Response Volunteer Advocate
YWCA OF KALAMAZOO
Volunteers will provide emotional support and information to domestic assault survivors and their family members/friends.
- Respect the confidentiality of all clients/agency information
- Be available for support calls - evenings (5pm-9am), weekends and holidays
- Respond to local police calls after a domestic assault is reported
- Provide support and advocacy to primary and secondary victims of domestic assault
- Complete required training - provided by the YWCA
About YWCA OF KALAMAZOO
353 E. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, US
YWCA Kalamazoo is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen communities.
The YWCA Kalamazoo is a member or the YWCA USA Association, one of the oldest and largest women's organizations in the nation, serving millions of women, girls and their families. YWCA Kalamazoo serves as a primary resource for economic, gender, and racial justice for all women and girls in Kalamazoo. The YWCA has been at the forefront of the most pressing social movements for more than 150 years- from voting rights to civil rights, from affordable housing to pay equity, from violence prevention to health care reform. Today we combine programming and advocacy in order to generate institutional change in three key areas: racial justice, civil rights, empowerment and economic advancement of women and girls, and health and safety of women and girls