One-on-One Youth Counselor
2 people are interested
Overview: One-on-One Youth Counselors spend their time working directly with individual Club members, ages 8 - 12, who require extra attention and/or additional support. Youth Counselors work with children to help them deal with the problems in their lives and act as mentors for those without positive adult role models.
- Provide one-on-one supervision to a Club member in need of additional support (special needs or disruptive behavior)
- Interact positively with youth and guide Club member in their activities throughout the afternoon
- Communicate with Youth Services manager regarding challenges and feedback
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- 2-3 years of experience working with youth
- Awareness and knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Comfort with setting firm limits and boundaries with youth
- An open-minded approach to negative behaviors
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Self-directed and a quick learner
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hours: Monday-Friday between 2:00 pm- 6:00 pm- Must be available at least one day a week