Social Recreation Assistant
The Social Recreation Assistant role is a fun and interactive position in charge of supervising youth in their programming areas and helping to implement program curriculums developed for two key areas; the Enrichment Center and Games Room. This person will be responsible for helping to implement creative, fun, and effective programs for children ages 8-12 at the Club.
- Incorporating learning games and other teaching techniques to keep children engaged and focused
- Work with youth on skills such as teamwork, communication skills, and appropriate behaviors
- Providing educational support for youth ages 8-12 in all academic areas
- Answering questions, giving feedback; coaching and encouraging youth
- Monitoring safety of youth, equipment, and materials
- Working with and providing feedback to Program Staff
- Being available on a consistent basis on the given days/hours established at the beginning of the term
- Helping implement creative approaches to the programming method
- Experience working with youth ages 8-12
- Flexible, positive and dependable
- Patient with a sense of humor
- Creative thinker
- Culturally competent
- Ability to follow Program guidelines as well as all policies pertaining to staff while interacting with young people on Club property
- Experience in the educational field is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 3:00 pm- 6:00 pm- Must be available at least one day a week