Administrative Assistant - Palliative Care
4 people are interested
If you enjoy administrative tasks and answering phone lines, we are looking for volunteers to come in from 11am-4pm on Tuesdays or Thursdays to talk with palliative care patients! Please consider being a part of this endeavor. We greatly appreciate any help we can get.
About Hospice of Chattanooga
4411 Oakwood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37416, US
"We at Hospice of Chattanooga take the time to listen, honor your choices, and walk with you through life's journey."
What is Hospice?
- Hospice care is about people caring for people with terminal illnesses in a loving, sensitive and personal way that allows patients to spend the final days of their lives with dignity, in their own homes, surrounded by family and friends.
- One fear of the seriously ill is uncontrollable pain. With hospice, medication is available for any patient who has a problem with pain. The goal is to achieve constant control over it, without impairing alertness.
- It recognizes the need of each person to maintain control over his or her own life, as patients and families are included in all decisions related to the care provided.
- Support is provided in the patient's home so the family can remain together in their own familiar environment.
- With the support and symptom management of the hospice team, the patient is usually able to remain at home thoughout the entire illness.
We'll work with your schedule.
4411 Oakwood DriveChattanooga, TN 37416
- Elder care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- Be willing to listen to patients who need a compassionate person to talk to.