A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and gives them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This role consists of procuring funds through written solicitations and research of prospective sponsors or donors. This role will assist in developing fundraising activities to raise contributions.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain donors / sponsors database.
- Draft communication documents for current and prospective donors.
- Write "Thank You" letters according to organizational policy.
- Assist in planning and attending all fundraising events (virtual and in-person).
- Administer the procurement process and maintain proper record keeping of funds.
- Research applicable fundraising methods for our organization.
All volunteers applying to this position are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
- 1-2+ years experience in related field
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Business Administration.
- Experience with event planning and/or donor management
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce’s NPSP
Internships require a commitment of at least 2 days a week, 4 hours each day.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.