25 people are interested
25 people are interested
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This role consists of communicating with external stakeholders, such as corporations, arts-related organizations, foundations, and individuals. The fundraising department is responsible for raising funds through written solicitations, grants, events and research of prospective sponsors and/or donors. You will aid in developing fundraising activities to strategically raise contributions and performance monitoring.
- Research, identify and assess fundraising opportunities, such as partnerships, prospective donors, and grants.
- Update and maintain donor and sponsor databases, specifically using Salesforce NPSP
- Develop and coordinate fundraising events, both in-person and virtual events
- Coordinate communication and maintain relationships among all strategic affiliates, including but not limited to private foundations, trusts, and donors
- Collaborate across departments to create and collect materials for the organization such as brochures, newsletters, special projects, annual reports, etc.
- Track gifts and ensure "Thank You" letters and receipts are sent promptly and according to the organization policy
- 1 - 2+ years experience in related field
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, or Business Administration
- Experience with event planning, grant writing and/or donor management
- Track record of implementing and analyzing results-oriented initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, required for engaging with strategic affiliates
- Familiarity with virtual fundraising platforms and CRMs, such as Salesforce NPSP preferred
*Internships are unpaid and for credit only. If you are not receiving college credit for this internship you will not be eligible.
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Community Outreach
- 3 months, 10-15 hours/week