44 people are interested
44 people are interested
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and much more!
The administrative assistant provides high-level support to the President of the company by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing other clerical functions. You will act as a link between department managers and the President, developing a constructive and cooperative relationship between all departments. This role consists of tasks such as file management, data entry and clerical support.
- Serve as liaison between the president and department heads to ensure mutual understanding of tasks, goals, and agendas.
- Remain in constant contact with each department and monitor all operations.
- Update calendars, agendas, and supporting documents on a daily basis.
- Organize, store, and manage key files for the organization.
- Coordinate and participate in department meetings, and follow up on action items.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
- Has exhibited superior organizational skills with exquisite attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
Internships require a commitment of at least 2 days a week, 4 hours each day.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
Please provide either a brief description of your relevant professional experience or your LinkedIn profile.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passion. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 14, 2021
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- 3 months, 10-15 hours a week