Administration Assistant Volunteer
4 people are interested
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
Carry out any responsibilities the Administrative Department may have. Provide administrative support and ensure a smooth running of daily operations by arranging communication between all departments and all managers and the Executive Director.
- Serve as liaison between the president and head of departments to ensure mutual understanding of tasks, goals, and agendas.
- Remains in constant contact with the head of departments.
- Updates calendars, agendas, and supporting documents on a daily basis.
- Organizing, storing, and managing files.
- Coordinate and participate in department meetings and follow up on action items.
- Must support and maintain the mission goal and statement of the organization.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Drive, including Google +
- Administrative and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.
539 Atlantic AveBrooklynBrooklyn, NY 11201
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- 3 months, 10-15 hours a week