Turning Points Needs Professional Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
Turning Points just received the Manatee Chamber of Commerce Non- Profit of of the Year Award and is a Four Star Charity Navigator and we needs your help. Turning Points is looking for awesome volunteers to help in their 4 major programs. They have day services, free medical/dental clinic, Veteran's services and Transitional Development which helps those in need. If you are a barber, cosmetologist, doctor, RN, LPN, NP or other medical professional, and have a current Florida licence then Turning Points would love you on their volunteer team. Contact Director of Volunteer Services Cheryl Hedger for more information.
WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
About Turning Points
701 17th Avenue, West, Bradenton, FL 34205, US
To Provide, Facilitate and Coordinate Services to men, women and children who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in Manatee County, Florida.
Located in Bradenton, FL, this unique non profit organization has four major programs.
1) Open Door Day Resource Center is where the homeless or those at risk of becoming homeless and homeless with a roof can receive help with basic needs including use of the computer lab, employment assistance, mail service, Food Stamp assistance, hot showers, haircuts, clean clothes and shoes, laundry service and so much more.
2) Medical/Dental Clinic which provides primary care to homeless and low income clients who have no health insurance and meet eligibility requirements. Dental is available for low income individuals by a dedicated Dentist staff . Patients who have no insurance and meet eligibility requirements may receive help with extrations, filling, dentures and cleanings.
4) . Veteran Services Yellow Ribbon Program targets Manatee County Veteran men and women and their families that are struggling with issues related to homelessness. This program assist Veterans and families through their individual needs, providing a "Housing First" philosophy that is not enabling.
5). Transitional Development Program assist the homeless, those served with an eviction notice and those requesting rental assistance to prevent becoming homeless.
We'll work with your schedule.
701 17th Avenue, WestBradenton, FL 34205
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Must have a current FL licence for all professional volunteer positions.