Help job seekers become computer savvy! Volunteers needed to teach Beginner to Advanced courses!
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Goodwill of southwestern Pennsylvania is looking for several enthusiastic and motivated volunteers to help bridge the Digital Divide! We need volunteers to teach a range of digital literacy classes to job seekers who want to build their technology skills.
These skilled volunteers help to teach existing classes and curricula, as well as developing new and creative courses to attract and motivate individuals to learn digital skills for improving their social and economic well-being. Some of our trainings include a 7-Week Basic Computer course, Productivity Software courses from beginner to advanced, and miscellaneous topics such as cloud computing. If you are interested in teaching one of these topics, please contact us.Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic computer, internet, G suite, and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work in a one on one or group setting
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibits genuine enthusiasm and empathy working with people with barriers
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Teaching Experience
- Volunteer Recognition Events (i.e., socials, certificates of appreciation, and thank you cards)
- Discounts at Goodwill stores
About Goodwill SWPA
118 52nd Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201, US
Goodwill SWPA is a human service agency and network of not-for-profit businesses whose mission is to assist people with special needs to overcome barriers to work and enjoy the dignity and benefits of employment and improved quality of life.
We help people improve their quality of life through work and related services.
We'll work with your schedule.
118 52nd StreetPittsburgh, PA 15201
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours a month for a minimum of 6 months. We can work around your schedule - times are flexible. Weekdays, either daytime or evening hours.