Driver for community seniors - Ann Arbor
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers to drive agency van to senior living facilities to bring participants to their health and fitness classes, then take them home afterwards.
* Communicate with passengers
* Drive carefully and punctually, stopping as close as possible to the door
* Be a friendly and compassionate presence
* Thank participants for being a part of the program
* Driver is not required to help participants in and out of the van. However, should an accident occur please keep participants safe and notify the agency and emergency services as needed
* Excellent driving record
* Chauffeur’s license (the agency can cover the expense of this license if requested)
* Must have own cell phone, able to talk/text with participants
* Must be reliable in keeping to schedule
* Interest in helping seniors and people with varying abilities
* Able to have service animals ride in van
* Requires minimal direction
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
Participants live in these locations:
Samaritas Affordable Living (formerly Sequoia Place) 1131 N Maple Rd, 48103
Hillside Terrace 1939 Jackson Avenue, 48103
Lurie Terrace 600 W Huron St, 48103
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Depending on class schedules, participants need to arrive between 10 and 11, and most finish their classes by 12:30. Sometimes there are several trips in a morning.
- Training from helpful staff
- Volunteer on your schedule
- Volunteer liability insurance to supplement your own medical and auto insurance
- Invitation to volunteer recognition events
- Meet like-minded people, make friends, build connections
- Feel good knowing you are doing a good deed
Volunteers must be age 55 or better to apply. Provide your phone number when applying.Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-712-4325.
About RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) of Washtenaw County
4925 Packard St, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, US
To match older adults with meaningful volunteer opportunities in non-profit agencies in Washtenaw County.
RSVP matches individuals 55 years and better with meaningful volunteer opportunities in Washtenaw County. Serving over 50 non-profit agencies in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ann ArborAnn Arbor, MI 48104
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training