6 people are interested
Drive a Mile to Save a Life (Jefferson Co.)
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society - St. Louis
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Road To Recovery is an American Cancer Society program designed to help improve the quality of life and reduce barriers to care for cancer patients undergoing active treatment by transporting them to and from cancer-related treatment appointments.
The Road To Recovery Volunteer driver can help provide people with transportation to and from their cancer-related treatment appointments. Drivers donate their time and the use of their personal vehicles to help ensure that people with cancer get the treatments they need. Volunteer drivers are also there to show support and provide information and resource referrals coordinated through the American Cancer Society.
- Follows program guidelines and maintains required volunteer eligibility requirements.
- Provides ride(s) as agreed upon.
- Highly recommended completed COVID-19 vaccination series
- Completes all necessary transportation documentation information.
- Reports all changes with contact information, availability, insurance coverage and driving eligibility to the Society in a timely manner.
- Reports traffic accidents and violations to the Society within 24 hours of occurrence.
- Abides by the Society’s privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Internet access.
Volunteer Driver Qualifications:
- Drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 84
- Have a good driving record
- Have a current, valid driver’s license
- Access to a safe and reliable vehicle
- Proof of adequate automobile insurance
- Complete an American Cancer Society training course/background check
- Availability Monday through Saturday during the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- If cancer survivor, must be one year post-treatment.
5 More opportunities with American Cancer Society - St. Louis1 Review
About American Cancer Society - St. Louis
1001 Craig Road Suite 350, St. Louis, MO 63146, US
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
At the American Cancer Society, we’re on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we’ll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention. All so you can live longer - and better.
PO Box 28566St Louis, MO 63146
March 15, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We'll work with your schedule!