Program Management Hospital Programs Internship
Position Title: Program Management Hospital Programs Internship
Department: Hospital Program Department
Supervisor Title: Director of Hospital Programs
Classification: Intern, Unpaid, Temporary Part-Time 5-20 hours per week (Flexible schedule. Possible evenings and weekends.
Location: Ronald McDonald Family Room - Children’s Minnesota in St. Paul. 345 Smith Avenue North, St. Paul, MN 55102
Mission: We, in partnership with our community, provide a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child’s serious illness.
Assist in the management of hospital programs by providing back up support to staff, including guest room management, Family Room upkeep and volunteer management and supervision.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Family Engagement: welcoming, touring and registering new and returning families.
- Data entry and data base/record management.
- Promoting Ronald McDonald Family Room involvement within the hospital location.
- Program data collection, analysis, and creative revamping initiatives.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate kindness and compassion to families facing a health care crisis or loss of a child.
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-starter who demonstrates the highest standards of integrity.
- Comfort and desire to work directly with volunteers and families with children facing a serious illness.
- Ability to manage details, organize and prioritize.
- Computer proficiency
- Frequently load and unload carts, stock shelves, carry supplies to/from sites, strip beds, process laundry, and take out trash weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Give site tours to families, donors, community partners and volunteers.
- Volunteer/Intern Orientation
- Intern Training
- Opportunity to work at a well-known non-profit organization
- Customer service skills
- Free Parking
- Invitations to attend volunteer events
If interested in applying, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Katie Sexton, Director of Hospital Programs
About Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest
818 FULTON ST SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414, US
We, in partnership with our community, provide a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child’s serious illness.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area is the home to several of the most advanced pediatric hospitals in the world. Families travel to the Twin Cities from across Minnesota, the United States, and the world for their children to receive highly specialized care at our area hospitals.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest (RMHC-UM), which was founded in 1979 as a single house near the University of Minnesota's East Bank campus, now operates four locations in the Twin Cities, providing accommodations to 71 families every night as well as support services to hundreds of day visitors - including complimentary meals, family-friendly programming, sibling support, activities and outings, and much more.
We'll work with your schedule.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota345 North Smith AvenueSt Paul, MN 55101
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training