Volunteers Needed! Rescuing Leftover Cuisine MA
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides a platform for volunteers to recover excess food from businesses and bring it to nearby human service agencies who serve those in need.
Each rescue averages 45 minutes of time and feeds about 40 people! 102,796 pounds of recovered excess food provided about 82,236 meals for those in need throughout MA and prevented about 38,548 pounds of CO2 emissions from entering the atmosphere in 2018, thanks to the collaboration of our food donors, volunteers and recipients!SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER:
Step 1: www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/volunteer
- One person may sign up individually OR on behalf of a group as the Team Leader.
- COMPLETE your Volunteer Account by updating your Profile and including your PHONE NUMBER, the REGION and LOCATION you are able to volunteer in. This is very important so that we may categorize your account in the proper State.
Step 2: https://tinyurl.com/RLCMA-AV
Volunteer Info: www.tinyurl.com/ RLCMA-Volunteers-Info
Rescue Events Calendar: www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/calendar
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine
6 Whittier Place, Boston, MA 02114, US
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides a volunteer platform to recover excess fresh and prepared food from businesses and bring it to nearby non-profits who freely serve those in need. In year 2018, RLC Volunteers recovered 102,796 pounds of excess food, providing about 82,236 meals and preventing about 38,548 pounds of CO2 emissions.
Each rescue averages 45 minutes of time and feeds about 40 people! Choose from rescues in the Greater Boston Area that are commutable via walk or vehicle. Proof of volunteering activities for school credit or resume use is available upon request.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER AS AN INDIVIDUAL, A SMALL GROUP TOGETHER OR A ROTATING GROUP:
Step 1: www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/users/sign_up
Step 2: www.tinyurl.com/RLCMA-AVLearn More: www.RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org/MA / Dana@RescuingLeftoverCuisine.org
We'll work with your schedule.
Boston, MADorchester, MACambridge & Somerville, MABoston, MA 02114
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Volunteer Regularly or Sporadically; each Rescue takes 30-60 minutes of time start to finish.
- Choose from food rescues that are walkable or commute via bicycle or vehicle.