16 people are interested
Public Affairs Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Young Mothers, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
Reporting to the Communications Director the Young Mothers Inc. Director Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for communicating with the media, donors, staff, and clients of Young Mothers Inc, including creating, reviewing and editing all communications, websites and public relations messages to consistently articulate Young Mothers Inc’s mission of Educating, Mentoring, Nurturing and Supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
The Public Relations Coordinator is the public voice of Young Mothers Inc and should maintain a consistent message throughout the various forms of communication. The Public Relations Coordinator works directly with the Communications Committee while also liaising with other senior peer groups within the organization on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Represent Young Mothers INC to the media and the public
- Manage the brand and reputation of Young Mothers Inc
- Elicit feedback from event and program participants to gage their view of Young Mothers Inc as an organization and the effectiveness of its programs
- Monitor online mentions of Young Mothers Inc, including press coverage, social media posts, etc, to engage public perception of Young Mothers Inc
- Review and edit press releases and marketing campaigns arranged by the Social Media Coordinator
- Create and send YMI Newsletter, event announcements, and other emails
- Assist Communications Chair with the creation of print and electronic materials, web content, and other public-facing resources
- Work with Program Coordinator to write grant proposal for program funding
- Participate in monthly conference calls
- Two years of PR or communication experience preferred
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Editorial experience a plus, with an ability to maintain the "voice" of an organization
- Familiarity with fillable forms (PDF or Word Documents)
- Familiarity with editing and manipulating website content, preferably WIX.com
- High energy individual who is quick to learn; an individual that can successfully sift through ambiguity and is capable and willing to ask for clarification when needed
- Highly collaborative team member
- A mature leader with the ability to provide constructive feedback to other Young Mothers INC leaders in order to maintain professional goals and keep on-brand
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and entrepreneurially; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Able to commit a minimum of six hours a week working remotely
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.
NEWashington, DC 20003
July 25, 2022
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment of six months with a minimum of six hours per week