Serve Breakfast to Homeless Youth
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Food volunteer groups help meet one of the most basic needs of our young people. These groups (between 4-10 people) purchase, prepare, and serve food in our commercial kitchen during our day program service.
Time commitment: 7:00am - 9:30am
- Typically 30-40 youth join us each morning for breakfast.
- The goal is to serve a balanced meal that can be made in an hour; groups can choose their own menu.
- An identified food group lead will need to obtain a food handler’s card to keep on file. The lead will be responsible for logistics of the service and ensuring that the group generally adheres to the food handling guidelines.
- The Volunteer Manager will work alongside you at the start to introduce the kitchen, give an overview of our programs and services, and answer any questions.
About New Horizons Ministries
2709 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121, US
New Horizons Ministries is a multi-cultural organization whose mission is to be in relationship with homeless and street-involved youth, serving and loving in the way of Jesus, equipping them to leave street life.
New Horizons Ministries began in 1978 in response to the growing number of homeless adolescents living on the streets of Seattle. What started as a program of street outreach has evolved over the years into an entire continuum of care, with an emphasis on relationship building.
The staff of New Horizons, both paid and volunteer, establish relationships with youth through street outreach as well as by providing meals, clothing, and other emergency services. New Horizons also provides case management, relational counseling, recreational activities, job mentoring, life discovery classes, and a comprehensive referral system. All of these services are designed to equip youth with the life skills, confidence, and sense of community that are vital for them to successfully exit street life.
We'll work with your schedule.
2709 3rd AveSeattle, WA 98121
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per month preferred.