5 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Medford Food Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
It takes: 1 to 1 1/2 hour a month
Your role: Pick up donors’ green bags of non-perishable food every other month and take them to our collection site. Food goes to local pantries.
Impact: Each donor’s contribution averages 43 meals a year. With just 10 donors, you’ll provide a meal to a hungry neighbor every 30 seconds you volunteer!
This opportunity is great for families, teens, working and retired individuals, local businesses and groups.
We have volunteer opportunities for Neighborhood Coordinators in Central Point, Jacksonville and Medford communities:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Medford Food Project
PO BOX 8723, Medford, OR 97501, US
Building Community and Sharing Food. Medford Food Project is an innovative, new way to fight hunger in our community. You want to help. We make it easy. Let’s work together to fight hunger and strengthen our community.
- The Neighborhood Food Project started in Ashland ten years ago - expanded to the Medford area nine years ago. The Medford Food Project (MFP) includes: Medford, Central Point, and Jacksonville.
- There are four other food projects in the Jackson County: Ashland, Medford, Phoenix, Talent, Eagle Point-plus Grant Pass in Josephine County
- The Food Project is an all-volunteer organization. And it’s the largest grassroots volunteer organization that ever existed in this county.
- There are more than 7000 volunteers participating in the Food Projects’ in Jackson County-including about 3000 in the MFP.
- We have a green bag food donation pick up every even month - that’s only six times a year. The MFP volunteers collect about 32,000 pounds of food every other month.
- To date we have collected over 2.5 million pounds of food in Jackson County-the equivalent of about 2 million meals, one green bag at a time. Neighbors sharing with neighbors. From people to give to the people who need the food. The food goes to 21 local food pantries-15 are in Medford.
- We have proven the system works. Not only are we in the valley, but people have been hearing about what we are doing and other food projects have now sprung up in 50 communities-11 states and 3 other countries - Canada and Vietnam. There are now 16 FPs in Oregon
P.O. Box 8723Medford, OR 97501
December 3, 2022
- Driver's License Needed
- 1 to 1 1/2 hour a month
- Basic computer skills and automobile