Medford Food Project
LocationPO BOX 8723Medford, OR 97501 United States
Building Community and Sharing Food. Medford Food Project is an innovative, new way to fight hunger in our community. You want to help. We make it easy. Let’s work together to fight hunger and strengthen our community.
- The Neighborhood Food Project started in Ashland ten years ago - expanded to the Medford area nine years ago. The Medford Food Project (MFP) includes: Medford, Central Point, and Jacksonville.
- There are four other food projects in the Jackson County: Ashland, Medford, Phoenix, Talent, Eagle Point-plus Grant Pass in Josephine County
- The Food Project is an all-volunteer organization. And it’s the largest grassroots volunteer organization that ever existed in this county.
- There are more than 7000 volunteers participating in the Food Projects’ in Jackson County-including about 3000 in the MFP.
- We have a green bag food donation pick up every even month - that’s only six times a year. The MFP volunteers collect about 32,000 pounds of food every other month.
- To date we have collected over 2.5 million pounds of food in Jackson County-the equivalent of about 2 million meals, one green bag at a time. Neighbors sharing with neighbors. From people to give to the people who need the food. The food goes to 21 local food pantries-15 are in Medford.
- We have proven the system works. Not only are we in the valley, but people have been hearing about what we are doing and other food projects have now sprung up in 50 communities-11 states and 3 other countries - Canada and Vietnam. There are now 16 FPs in Oregon
Would you recommend Medford Food Project?
0 reviews Write a review