Ombudsman - Advocate for Elder Rights in Summit County
1 person is interested
Come join our team! Direction Home Akron Canton Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities is giving you an opportunity to make a difference! We’re currently looking for volunteers to join our Long Term Care Ombudsman Program who advocate for:
- Resident rights
- Choice in care delivery
- Choice in daily preferences and activities
- Quality care in all long term care settings, including nursing homes & assisted living facilities
We need volunteers who are passionate about making sure residents are treated respectfully and have control over the quality of their lives. Volunteers will be trained as advocates.
If you can speak for those who cannot speak for themselves, we need you!
We'll work with your schedule.
Nursing Facilities Near YouAkron, OH 44310
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Twelve hours of initial training and quarterly facility visits
- Two days of training annually