3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
As a volunteer for the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, you will SERVE Sailors and Marines by helping them achieve financial self-sufficiency, CONNECT with your local military community, and ADVANCE your resume and build valuable work experience.
This position has flexible scheduling. We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit at least one four to five-hour shift per week, between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday. We are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. Contact us today to learn more about our great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community!
The NMCRS Caseworkers work with our military members and their families by assessing their needs, completing and analyzing budgets with them, developing spending plans, helping the client to address their needs, and assisting them with Society resources. A caseworker is an ambassador and advocate for the client. Today could be your day to be a beacon of hope to a military family.
- Analyze client requests for assistance
- Assist clients in creating a spending plan
- Assist clients in identifying alternative solutions to presented problems
- Assess whether needs presented can be met within NMCRS Casework policies
- Identify community resources and make professional referrals.
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Collaborate with staff members and veteran caseworkers when deciding on the course of action for assistance
- Ability to learn NMCRS software
- Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective appearance to clients
- Ability to listen and communicate
- Ability to assess alternatives and exercise active listening skills
- Desire to serve others with consistency, objectivity, and a non-judgmental demeanor
- Training is done in house; no prior experience necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required
About Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society
13910 45th Ave NE Rm 829, Marysville, WA 98271, US
The Mission of NMCRS is to provide, in partnership with the Navy and Marine Corps, financial, educational, and other assistance to members of the Naval Services of the United States, and their eligible family members and survivors, when in need, and to receive and manage funds to administer these programs.
Volunteers have been the backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society for more than 100 years. They make up more than 90 percent of our workforce. Volunteers make it possible for our donated funds to directly assist Sailors, Marines, and their families.
When service members seek our assistance, they often interact directly with one of our skilled volunteers. As a volunteer, you can expect to:
- Receive specialized training
- Get extensive support and resources
- Connect with other volunteers and build friendships
- Get assistance with child- and dependent-care and mileage expenses
- Help others and make a difference
- Build experience to add to your resume
- Feel appreciated and have fun
Our volunteers have unique backgrounds and experiences, and they have different reasons for serving. However, they all desire to support the community of active duty and retired Navy and Marine Corps service members and their families.
Helping Sailors and Marines in times of need or crisis is an excellent way to make a difference while adding purpose and perspective to your own life.
13910 45th Ave NEMarysville, WA 98271
September 19, 2022
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Planning
- Customer Service
- Adult Education
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-5 hours per week.