A Family For Every Child is a non-profit, 501(c)3 child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving permanent homes for all waiting foster children.
Scope of Position
This position provides administrative and program support to the Executive Director of A Family For Every Child (AFFEC). In addition, the Administrative Assistant is a Liaison to Child Welfare, Families & Children. This position will be involved in and support all roles of the Associate Director and reports to the Associate Director.
** This volunteer position could lead to a paid position for the right person. **
* Responding to all emails, calls and correspondence in 24 business hours. * Attend and participate in all staff meetings * Train, oversee, and work alongside volunteers and interns * Adhere to policies and procedures of AFFEC as outlined in organization’s manuals. * Represent AFFEC and clientele in a positive and professional manner * Document all processes and procedures in saved how to documents and videos and add them to SF. All work should be able to be duplicated by someone new by utilizing the how to documents. * Being pro-active in cost saving measures, aware of non-profit opportunities, ways of doing business for less and more effectively and efficiently.
Overall Administrative Support
* Work alongside Associate Director to organize all HR files for employees, including job descriptions, posting, scheduling interviews, reviews, and other important documentation * Manage one area of Annual Event
* Assist ED with all Program Development, Annual budgeting and business planning and goal setting. * Assist in Development, through donor processes, registration, some grant writing and event support.
Media and Marketing
* Develop, implement and assist with Social media plan, as well as all methods of e-communication. * Develop, implement and oversee a Traditional Media Plan. These two plans may be part of one over all media and Marketing Plan. Including any advertising, press releases and PSA’s. * Develop a series of Success Stories, with a similar template, that will be used for Web, Newsletters, Donors and Volunteer cultivation Plans, social media. * Develop surveys that different programs can use-Templates in SF. * Work to expand Text/SMS marketing, QR codes and video
* Become proficient in Salesforce * Create webinar and staff/volunteer trainings Tools * SF programming as needed, explore all options and stay current in AFFEC’s SF processes and procedures. * Taking a lead on Database training for both staff and volunteers. Training all new staff and existing staff on new skills in the Database. Checking to make sure current employees understand fully the need/how to/and requirements of the database.
OTHER TASKS, EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITES:
* Represents the agency with knowledge and respect * Participates in ongoing agency strategic planning and goal-setting * Attends weekly Staff meetings, Development and Management Team meetings as needed, and other meetings as requested * Performs other tasks as requested by supervisor * Being pro-active in cost saving measures, aware of non profit opportunities, ways of doing business for less and more effectively and efficiently. * Adhere to policies and procedures of AFFEC as outlined in organization’s manuals * Represents AFFEC and clientele in a positive and professional manner * Responding to all emails, calls and correspondence (from clients and/or staff) in 24 business hours.
10 to 12 hours per week 6 month minimum
This position could lead to a paid position for the right person.
A Family for Every Child is dedicated to finding loving, permanent families for every waiting foster child." Our intention is to develop programs that assist special-needs/challenging-to-place foster children in finding their own Forever Families.
A Family For Every Child, a nonprofit organization, was started by Christy Obie-Barrett and dozens of dedicated and passionate volunteers. In 2006, AFFEC was formed and developed into an organization focused on finding permanent and loving adoptive homes for Oregon's waiting children. We started with our first project called The Heart Gallery in November, 2006, and now we have blossomed into ten incredibly successful programs. None of this could have occurred without the wonderful support from thousands of volunteers, sponsors, in-kind donors, photographers, and many more!