Event Planning Volunteer Lead
Become part of the Fund Development Team and help to organize exciting events that take place throughout the year!
- Takes a leadership role in planning logistics of Red Cross special events
- Assists with event execution, including working with event venue, caterer, soliciting auction items coordinating auction, coordinating volunteer support, and coordinating community outreach
- Assist with preparing the event program in a timely manner
- Assist with creating script for event presenters
- May chair nomination committee at a Real Heroes Breakfast. Duties may include contacting nominator and nominee for Heroes Award; gathering story and contact information; and maintaining spreadsheet to track nominations
- May chair auction committee at a Gala. Duties may include working closely with Relationship Managers; soliciting businesses for in-kind auction donations; maintaining spreadsheet of donations; sending thank you letters; and coordinating day-of auction logistics
- Work with staff to ensure that sponsors are actively cultivated
- Work with staff to coordinate volunteers for day-of event
- Supervises the Event Volunteer(s)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable speaking to groups
- Computer skills are a plus
Training is provided at no cost. The time commitment involved with serving in this position will vary based upon the events that are taking place.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/local/ohio/buckeye/volunteer.html, scrolling down the page and clicking on the red "Get Started" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact, Becky Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at 614-395-3924 or at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
995 E. Broad StColumbus, OH 43205
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Various based upon upcoming events