29 people are interested
Writer for Nonprofit focusing on Education, Empowerment and Advocacy
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
29 people are interested
Write short stories, donor communications, help with curating social media content (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Instagram) to highlight programs and fundraising events, assist with grants, and other writing needs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent with MS office applications
- Committed to the message of Rukundo International
- Editing/proofreading skills
- Previous writing experience
- Works well with minimal supervision
17 More opportunities with RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 15, 2023
- Technical Writing
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- 3-5 hours/week
- Previous editing and writing experience