Young Mothers, Inc.
Young Mothers Inc. is a local nonprofit organization whose mission is Educating, Mentoring, Nurturing, and Supporting Young Mothers to Become Self-Sufficient for Themselves and Their Families.
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage our volunteers. Our organization is fully supported by volunteer staff lending their time and talents pro bono. You will be responsible for new recruiting and onboarding new hires, allocating responsibilities, and retaining the best people.
The ideal candidate for this position should be familiar with the challenges of people management in the nonprofit sector, know how to distinguish talent that is an ideal fit for our company culture, and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are effectively utilized for the fulfillment of our mission.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Manage incoming applications and schedule interviews
- Collect volunteer forms detailing availability and skills, as well as nondisclosure and conflict of interest forms
- Provide onboarding materials and arrange for appropriate training
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Insure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Conduct semi-annual performance reviews and exit surveys
- Desire to contribute to the mission of Young Mothers, Inc.
- Proven experience as a Volunteer or HR Coordinator, Recruiter, or similar position
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or internationally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
- BS/BA in business administration, human resources, or relevant field will be appreciated
- Able to commit a minimum of six hours a week working remotely
Please visit youngmothersinc.com to learn more about our non-profit organization!
About Young Mothers, Inc.
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 500, Washington DC 20036, DC 20036, US
Educating, mentoring, nurturing and supporting young mothers to become self-sufficient for themselves and their families.
We are a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women across the National Capital Region surviving a number of serious issues and concerns from housing and food insecurities to mental health concerns.