People person to share (1on1) BBD information and mission at events Newark, DE, area
1 person is interested
Purpose: As an ambassador, you share information with the community about the importance of blood donation. We want people to know more about the blood donor to recipient process and regional need so they understand the urgency of donating. Interact with people in a positive way, by initiating conversations, answering questions, sharing information, gathering potential donor contact information, and encouraging people to schedule a donation.
- Interact with people in a positive, friendly manner
- Initiate conversations with people near the table area.
- Use whatever interactive tools available and giveaways to attract people to the table.
- Learn about blood donor to recipient process to be able to answer most questions. Be willing to say "I don’t know and I will find out for you. Please share your contact information so we can get back to you" if you don’t know the answer to a question.
- Be able to move Ambassador Supply Bag to location (off-site). Be prepared to set up and pack up at the end of the event. Have transportation to get to the BBD center to pick up supplies and get to event.
- Time commitment: Events often occur during weekends and evenings, and occasionally on weekdays. Sign up as available.
About BLOOD BANK OF DELMARVA INC
100 HYGEIA DR, NEWARK, DE 19713, US
Blood Bank of Delmarva’s mission is to serve our community by meeting the needs of patients, hospitals, and members for safe, high quality blood products and related services.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a non-profit community service organization that provides blood and blood products to 19 hospitals on the Delmarva Peninsula. More than 79,000 blood donations are needed in this area each year for about 20,000 patients across the Delmarva Peninsula.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a member of America’s Blood Centers.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 Hygeia DriveNewark, DE 19713
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable. Events often occur during weekends and evenings, and occasionally on weekdays. Sign up as available.