Volunteer at City Greens Community Garden
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
Help feed families in need throughout St. Louis! Midtown Community Services’ City Greens Community Garden provides fresh produce at or below cost to local residents through City Greens Market in The Grove neighborhood. In addition, we provide supplement food boxes for the elderly and disabled with free fruits and vegetables, help our neighbors plant their own garden plots, and provide educational workshops to children in St. Louis.
We are looking for volunteers who can help us basic garden maintenance, including planting, weeding and harvesting. For those who are handy with woodwork, we can also use helping building garden beds and hoop houses. Volunteer hours are flexible to meet your busy schedule - volunteer one hour now and then or join us for a full day of work. With your help, we can ensure our neighbors in an urban food desert have access to fresh, healthy food throughout the year at little to no cost to their families.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About MIDTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD OPPORTUNITIES CORPORATION
1202 S BOYLE AVE, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110, US
To provide a wholesome, peaceful center where individuals, families & especially children can be nurtured, supported and build community together. Midtown offers people access to connections and resources for realizing their value and full potential.
Midtown Community Services is a social services and community development corporation dedicated to addressing critical areas of need for low-income residents in St. Louis. Our initiatives include Youth Development (afterschool and summer camp programs), Family PRIDE to reduce St. Louis’ infant mortality rate, diverse adult programming, and a Community Garden to provide our neighbors in need with fresh, healthy food.
- We believe all people deserve respect and dignity and fair access to basic needs.
- We believe that nurturing children is an investment in the future.
- We believe that all individuals, especially children, have a right to a safe, healthy environment.
- To provide children and teenagers with a safe environment that promotes healthy growth and development
- To provide outreach to pregnant women and newborns by delivering pre- and post-natal education in order to reduce the area’s infant mortality rate
- To provide the men and women in our community with a safe, inclusive and productive environment
- To create a welcome environment for open dialogue and discussions to foster community involvement and growth
- To break down barriers created by poverty, isolation and prejudice
We'll work with your schedule.
4467 Hunt Ave.St. LouisSt. Louis, MO 63110
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- No set time commitment