2 people are interested
Trailblaze Challenge Hike Leaders
2 people are interested
Make-A-Wish Georgia is hosting our 5th Trailblaze Challenge event and we are in need of Hike Leaders! The Trailblaze Challenge is an endurance fundraising event, where hikers tackle 22 miles of the Bartram Trail in Clayton, GA for Georgia wish kids! Hike weekend will take place the weekend of November 12-14, 2021. We need Hike Leaders to help train our hikers before and during hike weekend as trail support.
As a Trailblaze Challenge Hike Leader, your position will be to provide coaching services to participants of Make-A-Wish Georgia’s Trailblaze Challenge hike event. You will be offered hotel room accommodations for 3 days/2 nights at the Kingwood Resort in Clayton, GA and all meals will be taken care of for the weekend as well.
The requirements to fill this volunteer position are:
- Can hike at an advance level and are experienced with different terrains, elevation and mileages on hiking trails
- Have a background in basic first aid and wilderness first aid
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a minimum of two (2) bi-weekly group training hikes at a local trail in the Atlanta/North Georgia area
- Ensure that all Trailblaze participants are supported throughout each training hike and finish safely.
- Attend Trailblaze weekend from Friday, November 12 to Sunday, November 14
- Assist Trailblaze staff, as necessary, during hike day (November 13)
- Hike alongside hikers during hike day (for the entire 22 miles or portions of it), ensuring that all participants finish the hike safely and are accounted for crossing into each Aid Station and finish line.
About Make-A-Wish® Georgia
1775 The Exchange SE, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Our volunteers are part of a nationwide network of 34,000 caring people dedicated to making wishes come true. Although it has become one of the world's most well-known charities, Make-A-Wish has maintained the grassroots fulfillment of its mission to serve children with life-threatening medical conditions. Make-A-Wish Georgia grants wishes for kids right here in Georgia, and we need volunteers throughout the state to make wishes possible in your community. Volunteers serve as wish granters, fundraisers, special events assistants and in numerous other capacities.
1775 The Exchange SEAtlanta, GA 30339
July 7, 2021
- Outdoor Recreation
- First Aid / CPR
- Search & Rescue
- Life Coaching
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We ask that hike leaders sign up to lead at least 2 group training hikes. You will be able to see the training calendar and pick which dates and times work best for your schedule.
- There is an "interview" process and information meeting you must attend.