Create a Lending Library - Whitmore Lake
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is seeking a volunteer who can create a functional lending library for a local senior center that has an abundance of books, CDs, and medical equipment.
Tasks: Take inventory of books, CDs, and medical equipment. Create a tracking system such as a spreadsheet. Suggest ways to rearrange the space and storage systems for items.
Qualifications: Someone with a background in interior design or a librarian would be ideal. Anyone who is very organized with basic computer skills would also be helpful.
Timeframe: This is an ongoing project for which you would work with staff to make your own schedule during business hours (Monday-Friday 9-530).
Location of work: Whitmore Lake.
- Training from helpful staff
- Flexible schedule - just give advance notice when you will be out
- Volunteer liability insurance to supplement your own medical and auto insurance
- Invitation to volunteer recognition events
- Meet like-minded people, make friends, build connections
- Feel good knowing you are doing a good deed
Volunteers must be age 55 or better to apply. Provide your phone number when applying.Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-712-4325.
We'll work with your schedule.
Whitmore LakeWhitmore Lake, MI 48189
- Library Sciences
- Inventory Management
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55