- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Volunteers aid staff, other volunteers, and clients in creating dishes for the Poverello’s hot meals: lunch and dinner. Depending on what is needed for the day the shift can range from washing, dicing, and preparing food to organizing and cleaning the refrigerator and baked goods.
We currently need volunteers for food prep in the morning from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and in the afternoon from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m, Monday - Sunday.
If you are interested in helping our food programs, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 406-532-6674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Poverello Center, Inc.
1110 W BROADWAY ST, MISSOULA, MT 59802, US
In collaboration with the people of Missoula and surrounding areas, and local, state and national organizations, the Poverello Center, Inc. reaches out to provide food, shelter, clothing and essential services to the community's hungry and homeless. This mission is accomplished through compassionate, respectful and competent services in an environment that enhances human worth.
For over 40 years, the Poverello Center has provided a necessary safety net for our community members living in hunger and homelessness. An award winning non-profit organization, the Poverello Center provides education, advocacy, and a multitude of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of people struggling with poverty in Missoula.
The Poverello Center’s emergency facility provides short-term emergency shelter, food, and supportive services to community members living in poverty. The facility provides a drug-free, caring, and tolerant environment in which to make positive change.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Short-term, housing focused, emergency shelter
- Veterans housing and services
- Daily hot meals, sack lunches and food pantry services
- Toiletries, bathrooms, and shower facilities
- Emergency laundry services
- Mail, phone, and messaging services
- Computer lab
- Medical services through the Healthcare for the Homeless Clinic
- Alcoholics Anonymous and other support groups
- Community resource and referral
- Homeless outreach services
- Community outreach and educational programs
We'll work with your schedule.
1110 W BROADWAY STMISSOULAMISSOULA, MT 59802
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours; we're flexible!
- Ability to practice safe kitchen standards Ability to take directions Ability to work in alone or with groups of people Willingness to learn and be flexible Interest in food insecurity and homelessness issues