Sustainable Business - Priority Lead
Sustainable Business - Priority Lead
**This is a volunteer position.**
The Sustainable Business Priority is striving to make AZSA the go-to organization for all Arizona companies that want to integrate sustainability into their business model. To this end, Sustainable Business has created a panel discussion series designed to inform the general public about sustainability issues facing the Valley, as well as help business owners understand the financial and social benefits and risk mitigation associated with incorporating sustainability.
Additionally, Sustainable Business highlights local businesses that are successfully implementing sustainable practices into their companies. To implement these projects, Sustainable Business will engage with the community and collaborate to ensure all stakeholders remain informed and involved, and can provide feedback into our processes.
Given the importance and growing need for sustainable business in the Valley, the priority lead should possess the following:
- Knowledge of sustainable business practices
- Solid understanding of the Phoenix Metro business community
- Experienced in networking and community outreach
Role Purpose: Play a vital role in progressing sustainability initiatives in Arizona by ensuring that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization and align with the requirements of any associated grants used to fund activities.
- Formulate, organize, monitor and coordinate inter-connected priorities and activities, i.e. engage a city liaison in order to support a city’s objectives in the area.
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives as they relate to the priority and the larger organization. Vet the strategies with organizational leadership to ensure alignment and appropriate focus.
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets, grant requirements and activities.
- Apply change, risk and resource management methodologies to the day to day management of the priority.
- Assume responsibility for the priority’s volunteers and vendors.
- Assess priority performance and aim to maximize ROI.
- Exercise problem solving skills to resolve higher scope issues within priority.
- Prepare reports for Executive Director, Program Directors, Board members and the broader organization as requested.
- Collaborate directly with the Communications Director for any needs related to promotion, branding, etc.
Ideal Skill Set:
- Proven experience as a Program or Project Manager
- Working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills; you are a relationship builder who "manages by influence"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a highly collaborative work style
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to serve as a unifying force and to lead discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
Time commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
To apply for this volunteer opportunity email your cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
Phoenix Metropolitan AreaPhoenix, AZ 85004
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
- To apply for this volunteer opportunity email your cover letter and resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org