3 people are interested
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY PAGE PROGRAM
Importance of Position: Assist library by keeping shelves in good order, making it easier for staff and patrons to find and use materials.
- Submit volunteer application and agreement.
- Be at least 18 years old and possess good communication skills.
- Ability to arrange items in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Physical ability to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds consistently.
- Aptitude for detail and neatness.
- Willingness to become familiar with the Dewey Decimal System.
- Willingness and ability to work independently.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent weekly schedule.
Responsible to: Circulation Manager
- Successfully complete training program.
- Return books and other materials to appropriate locations on shelves.
- Refer patron requests or questions to appropriate library staff person.
- Give supervisor sufficient notice if unable to keep shift assignment.
Time Commitment: After initial training, then 4-10 hours per week.
Length of Commitment: Minimum one year
Grounds for Termination (including, but not limited to):
- Failure to successfully complete the training program
- Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Breach of confidentiality
Contact Person: Pam Strait
We'll work with your schedule.
102 North 3rd St.Fargo, ND 58102
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week, make your own schedule
- 1 year commitment