Disaster Action Team (DAT) Duty Officer
Volunteer from your home!
Make a difference in your community without leaving the comforts of your own house! Join the American Red Cross and become an integral part of the Disaster Action Team (DAT). DAT Duty Officers dispatch responders to local emergencies such as home fires, to ensure the effected individuals get the help that is needed.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope and type to direct DAT response
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance
- Support and train new Duty Officers
- Dispatch DAT Team
- Monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care and Public Affairs when requested
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses
- Notify chapter/regional staff of significant events
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings
- Demonstrates leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations
- Proficient at Red Cross systems and working online
- Sit/stand for minimum of 2-hour period
- Work long periods on the computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Be sure to have your photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, state issued photo ID), as you will need to upload a picture of it to your application. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Mike Vance, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com or at 740-725-9141.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
We'll work with your schedule.
1849 Summerset DrMarion, OH 43302
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Four, 6 hour on call shifts a month or 24 hours a month
- Must have access to a computer, reliable internet connection and phone