DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
The Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA) Center provides crisis intervention, advocacy and counseling for all those affected by sexual violence in Northern Colorado while also providing prevention programs through community outreach and education.
Volunteers are a critical part of SAVA's success and can help with many different aspects:
- Hotline Advocacy (highest need): answer crisis hotline calls and be available to meet with a person in need at a nearby hospital or police station (40 hour training is required.
- SART (Sexual Assault Resource Team) : supervise classroom while a peer gives a presentation and be available to handle any issues of confidentiality.
- SuperWolrd: connect with youth and help facilitate discussions during the running empowerment program once a week and at the end of the summer run a 5K with the group.
- Special Events Team : help with outreach events and fundraisers like the SAVA Soiree in September.
About Volunteers of America Northern Colorado Services
405 Canyon Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521, US
Volunteers of America Colorado Branch seeks to identify and serve the basic needs of the most vulnerable individuals and families in the community.
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Volunteers of America provides volunteer opportunities for individuals 55 years and older to use their skills, insight and lifetime experiences to assist residents and non-profit agencies in the county. RSVP also offers a variety of programs which provide services and enhance the quality of life for seniors.
We'll work with your schedule.
4812 S. College Ave.Fort Collins, CO 80525
- Youth Services
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- background check and training required for some positions