Rides 4 Veterans: Drivers Needed
Rides 4 Veterans
This program offers free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides provided by screened and trained volunteer drivers, many of whom are veterans. These rides are primarily for medical care, dental appointments and basic necessities like grocery shopping for qualified veterans of any age.
Qualifications for Rides 4 Veterans clients:
- Honorable Discharge
- Live in Contra Costa County.
- Able to walk with the aid of a cane, walker, knee scooter, crutches, or elbow assistance.
- Requires escorted, door-through-door assistance.
- Able to call in to request rides.
- Unable to use other forms of transportation for medical or dental care and basic necessities.
If you meet all of these qualifications, please call: 925-284-6161
Want to Help?
Requirements for Rides 4 Veterans volunteer drivers:
- Be a caring, mature individual (veteran a plus) who is willing and able to provide transportation to an ambulatory veteran who can no longer drive.
- Age 25 - 75 with a current driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record and crime free background.
- Own or have access to a reliable, safe vehicle that is registered and insured.
- Participate in a three hour training class before giving first ride.
If you meet all of these requirements, come join our team and find out what a difference you can make in another person’s life. It will change their life, and it will most certainly change yours!
If you would like more information about volunteering for the Rides 4 Veterans program please call: 925-284-2215
Contra Costa County, CAMobility Matters (training site)1035a Carol LaneLafayette, CA 94549
- Transportation Management
- Disaster Response
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Most drivers donate 2 to 4 hours every other week.