Rides 4 Veterans: Drivers Needed
Rides 4 Veterans
This program offers free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides provided by screened and trained volunteer drivers, many of whom are veterans. These rides are primarily for medical care, dental appointments and basic necessities like grocery shopping for qualified veterans of any age.
Qualifications for Rides 4 Veterans clients:
- Honorable Discharge
- Live in Contra Costa County.
- Able to walk with the aid of a cane, walker, knee scooter, crutches, or elbow assistance.
- Requires escorted, door-through-door assistance.
- Able to call in to request rides.
- Unable to use other forms of transportation for medical or dental care and basic necessities.
If you meet all of these qualifications, please call: 925-284-6161
Want to Help?
Requirements for Rides 4 Veterans volunteer drivers:
- Be a caring, mature individual (veteran a plus) who is willing and able to provide transportation to an ambulatory veteran who can no longer drive.
- Age 25 - 75 with a current driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record and crime free background.
- Own or have access to a reliable, safe vehicle that is registered and insured.
- Participate in a three hour training class before giving first ride.
If you meet all of these requirements, come join our team and find out what a difference you can make in another person’s life. It will change their life, and it will most certainly change yours!
If you would like more information about volunteering for the Rides 4 Veterans program please call: 925-284-2215
About Mobility Matters
1035A Carol Lane, Lafayette, CA 94549, US
Mobility Matters provides mobility management services throughout Contra Costa County by matching riders to transportation providers that meet their individual needs. Mobility Matters operates volunteer driver programs that provide free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides for seniors and disabled veterans who cannot access other forms of transportation.
Mobility Matters offers two volunteer ride sharing programs: Rides for Seniors and Rides 4 Veterans. The Rides for Seniors program specializes in transporting ambulatory seniors (age 60 and older) in Contra Costa County who are trying to age in place rather than become institutionalized. The Rides 4 Veteran's Program transports veterans that are any age that are disabled in Contra Costa County. The Rides for Seniors and the Rides for Veterans programs offers free, one-on-one, door-through-door rides provided by screened and trained volunteer drivers. These rides are primarily for the purpose of obtaining medical care, groceries, and other basic necessities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Contra Costa County, CAMobility Matters (training site)1035a Carol LaneLafayette, CA 94549
- Transportation Management
- Disaster Response
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Most drivers donate 2 to 4 hours every other week.