Coach Girls on the Run - Shiloh Valley
ORGANIZATION: Girls on the Run of Union County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Two seasons a year (10 week):
Fall Season- September- November
Spring Season- February- April
Practice times are after school: Usually around 2:00-3:30
Each season Girls on the Run of Union County identifies and selects a dynamic group of coaches to lead each of our teams of 8-15 girls. Coaches are parents, teachers, school administrators, college students and other community members who are committed to developing and celebrating our girls.
- Head coach must be a woman
- Must be at least 18 years old (junior coaches can be under 18)
- CPR and First Aid certified (free training provided by GOTR)
- Must consent to and complete a background check
- Attend Girls on the Run coach training
- Attend all (two) practices per week for a weekly time commitment of approximately 4 hours
- Have fun!
- Serve as a role model for program participants
- Prepare, organize and supervise weekly lessons (all lessons & materials provided by GOTR)
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery
- Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of program participants
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K
- Plan and coordinate your team’s end of season party
About Girls on the Run of Union County
1930 Weddington Rd., Matthews, NC 28104, US
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
5210 Rogers RoadMonroe, NC 28110
January 15, 2024
- Child Development
- Life Coaching
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately four hours a week for ten weeks.
- Attend coach trainings and meetings.