5 people are interested
Volunteer From Home, Become a Disaster Dispatcher
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
This year, consider making a New Year’s resolution to help others. Volunteer with the American Red Cross to support your neighbors in need. Help save lives and ensure no one faces life’s emergencies alone. Resolve to volunteer with the American Red Cross and make a difference in 2024. Communities across the country count on the Red Cross for help every day-and volunteers are at the heart of this support in local communities.Disaster Dispatcher
Receive calls from local fire departments/emergency management and dispatch Red Cross disaster responders to the scene.
- Receive calls from Fire Departments, Fire/Police Dispatch or Emergency Management.
- Make phone calls to activate disaster responders, per guidelines.
- Send notification text messages.
- Create cases in Client Assistance System and activate Client Assistance Cards.
- Notify Public Affairs, Health, and Mental Health Services when needed.
- Document incident information.
- Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month
- Reliable access to phone, computer, and internet when on-call
- Comfortable using and learning new technology
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in complex, rapidly changing and stressful situations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Questions? Contact Alaina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-509-0510.
About American Red Cross - Wisconsin Region
4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Middleton, WI 53562
January 24, 2024
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 on-call shifts per month.
- Must submit a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer