DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Volunteer Patient Advocate Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Human Health Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
21 people are interested
Human Health Project (HHP)’s has a three- pronged foundation: Holistic Peer-to-Peer Information, Education and Support. Our objective is to empower people to manage their own health. For more information, please visit our website.
INTRODUCTION- VOLUNTEER PATIENT ADVOCATE COORDINATOR
Develops the HHP Patient Advocate Program with the Program Director and team. Administers and evaluates the Patient Advocate Program. Investigates and responds to patient care related/customer grievance/complaints in an attempt to resolve problematic issues, enhance understanding of the patient responsibilities and to enhance satisfaction with services provided by HHP.
The Patient Advocate Coordinator assesses verbal and written grievances/complaints and satisfaction survey data to identify trends and areas for process improvement.
As an organization, we strive to achieve our mission by:
- Making the patient our highest priority
- Promoting peer-to peer information, education and support
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Improving the level of service provided by HHP
- Ensuring all health care services are relevant to the needs of the HHP community
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit patient advocates
- Attend trainings
- Learn and operate the patient intake/management system
- Assist in the development and improvement of the HHP patient intake and management system
- Complete HHP patient advocacy system monitoring
- Be open to learning about how to work with marginalized communities
- Know basics on Insurance policies and procedures
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Commit to a regular schedule
- Be knowledgeable of and abide by the HHP Confidentiality Policies and Procedures
- Perform check-ins with HHP patient advocates
- Volunteers for this position should have excellent customer service, computer and communication skills
- Manage follow up and resolution of complex c ases
- Being a resource for Patient Advocates questions related to process, programs etc.
- Escalate any problems or concerns to program director etc.
- Secondary school/high school completion required
- 5 years of healthcare experience required.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Some college coursework preferred
- Case management experience preferred
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems
- Ability to do simple mathematics
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Proficient experience utilizing G Suite with emphasis on Google Docs and Sheets
- Exemplary communication skills, both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function and make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Spanish is desired but not essential
- Volunteers must pass a criminal background check, complete a volunteer application packet and attend a new volunteer orientation session
About Human Health Project
2271 Vandalia Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90032, US
Our Mission: To drive patient-centered health outcomes by harnessing data collected by a global online community who share their treatment outcomes, enhanced by clinical evidence-based best practices
Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 25, 2024
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Social Work
- Background Check
- A minimum of five hours weekly for six months to a year
- Please fill out the Application form to complete the HHP application process. You can copy & paste the link into your web browser. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnvpQA9F_Tjbkfot-9qs5ZlQWHtx-Dp0E9e0aFn0MinthjBA/viewform?usp=sf_link