Board of Directors - Marketing/Fundraising Board Member
Board of Directors - Marketing/Fundraising Board Member
Do you have a deep passion for volunteer Board service where you can make a difference by improving the lives of others? Are you searching for philanthropic ways to give back within the community? If so, the Las Trampas Board of Directors wants to get to know you!
The Las Trampas Board of Directors is composed of caring and talented leaders who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our goal is to diversify our dynamic team with new voices and varied perspectives to enhance and expand our capacity as we guide Las Trampas’ strategic direction
Who We Are - A Non Profit Supporting Adults with Developmental Disabilities
For over 60 years, Las Trampas has been a provider of choice delivering much needed services and programs to adults with developmental disabilities. Founded in 1958 as a non-profit residential school by parents, family, and community members, our philosophy has always been that persons with developmental disabilities are entitled to develop their optimum state of social, physical, and mental well-being, and share an integrated lifestyle similar to what non-disabled persons are fortunate to enjoy. Currently, Las Trampas provides day program educational and vocational services, residential services, supported and independent living services throughout Contra Costa County.
Marketing/Fundraising Board Members Needed
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual with marketing and fundraising expertise capable of leading our Development Committee.
The Development Committee is responsible for building a culture of enthusiasm for fundraising and holding fellow Board Members accountable for their fundraising obligation, assisting the staff with identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new funders, and partnering with staff on the development and implementation of fundraising strategies.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our work and understand the positive, life changing impact donors can have on an organization. They will be a strong strategic thinker with a deep understanding of development best practices and a proven track record of securing gifts from foundations and individual donors. Therefore, their ability to network and connect with current and future donors will be essential. This individual must be capable of authentically connecting with people to promote our purpose while cultivating enduring donor relationships for our fundraising activities. In addition to standard roles and responsibilities, our board members are active advocates, ambassadors, and fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources necessary for Las Trampas to advance its mission.
Desired Marketing /Fundraising Qualifications:
- Develop and implement overall strategies working with current legacy and tribute donors.
- Cultivate and steward prospects and donors.
- Help Development Director write marketing materials and communications for the legacy and tribute giving programs.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement fundraising plans
- Research and identify fundraising opportunities from foundations and corporations and evaluate prospective grant opportunities
- Implement outreach, fundraising and communication campaigns to the local community
- Lead and refine a robust grant-writing and reporting process
- Work with consultants and advisors to move capital campaign projects forward and meet goals
- Coordinate stewardship activities, including but not limited to, face-to-face solicitations, internal/external meetings, fundraising events, and school tours
- Ensure high-quality development marketing and communication materials, including proposals, correspondence, reports, program information, and social media
- Track statistics relevant to development and report metrics and data to the Board and donors as needed
Interested candidates should possess strong leadership, business acumen, and communication skills. Desired backgrounds include prior professional fundraising in the nonprofit or for-profit sector, sales, public relations, marketing, or advertising experience.
Board Member Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend a minimum of eight (8) board meetings per year arriving prepared to ask questions and actively participate in discussions.
- Serve on one or more committees and to actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing financial resources by leveraging personal and professional relationships to identify and solicit potential funders, while also investing in Las Trampas by making a personal annual contribution.
- Responsibly represent Las Trampas to their respective communities and advocate for Las Trampas’ mission, programs, and services as necessary and appropriate.
- Assist the organization to fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serve a two-year board member term. (Board members may serve unlimited consecutive terms)
We’ve already made a significant impact in the lives of adults with developmental disabilities but have the potential to do so much more. If you’re interested in volunteering time and exploring opportunities with our Board of Directors, we’d love to speak with you. Las Trampas, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Lafayette, CA.
We'll work with your schedule.
3460 Lana LaneLafayette, CA 94549
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- The Board meets for 1 1/2 hours every 4th Wednesday of the month.