DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
White Pony General Store Program Intern
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
General Store Program Intern
Our Mission: White Pony Express (WPE) is a 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of healthy, perishable food, along with new and like new clothing, toys, and books. WPE works efficiently with our community partners to eliminate hunger and poverty in Contra Costa County by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need.
General Description: General Store Program Intern will be primarily responsible for gathering and organizing data on our current partner beneficiaries of WPE clothing and items distribution. It is important for WPE to better understand the needs of our partners and the individuals they serve so we may better support their specific needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research current 100+ partner organizations, their clothing or item needs and more.
- Organize all data on partners, including any spreadsheets and forms for volunteers gathering data.
- Work with various department managers to ensure all programs are being represented in data-gathering and reporting.
- Ensure data gets into appropriate databases.
- Perform some research to help identify, evaluate and prioritize prospective partnerships with organizations that would benefit from White Pony Express.
- Some off-site visits to our partner organizations may be assigned.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reports to Director of White Pony General Store and Volunteer Services Director.
- Organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to delegate tasks and motivate volunteers.
- Strong communicator, with leadership tendencies.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting.
- Strong ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook), on-line research, and general familiarity with databases.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) but current students okay. Retirees and those looking to change occupations are welcome to apply.
Job Type: Internship, 20 hours per week, 3-4 months
About White Pony Express
3380 Vincent Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523, US
MISSION Our mission is to help eliminate hunger and poverty by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need--with love. GUIDING PRINCIPLE: UNITY We honor the essential unity of all by embracing and serving all those in need. OUR VISION We draw on the generous nature of our community members. In consequence a shared consciousness is born, in which it is natural for us to help one another. When that shared consciousness becomes widespread, there will be no more hunger and no more poverty.
At White Pony Express, we rescue fresh surplus food from supermarkets, restaurants, and farmers’ markets and deliver it free of charge to organizations that feed the hungry. We also collect and distribute high-quality clothing, children's toys, and books.
We were founded by Dr. Carol Weyland Conner in 2013. Dr. Conner conceived this model as an excellent way to help eliminate hunger and poverty by delivering the abundance all around us to our neighbors in need. From our first day, Dr. Conner has stressed that more important than the food and clothing we deliver is the love we give. Love is at the heart of a family, and we are one family.
Beyond our goal of helping others, WPE aims to create opportunities for selfless service. Hundreds of volunteers make White Pony Express possible. They volunteer with us because they believe in our mission. They know they are helping others who have urgent needs at this time in their lives.
3380 Vincent RoadPleasant Hill, CA 94523
September 15, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training