1 person is interested
Outreach Volunteers will provide informational and recruiting presentations for FareStart’s Adult Training Program, to community referral partners. Volunteers who are passionate about FareStart’s mission, comfortable with advocating for our program and interested in helping grow our outreach capacity would be perfect fits for this role.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Attend Outreach Events at local community shelters and partners
- Pick up outreach materials from FareStart and set up at Outreach Event
- Help strengthen the awareness of FareStart in the community
- Describe FareStart program and its benefits to potential new students
- Answer questions to potential students
- Encourage potential new students to attend FareStart Student Orientation
Location: FareStart attends outreach events at a variety of locations including The Urban Rest Stop, Department of Social & Health Services, Substance Use Disorder Inpatient Treatment Centers, Catholic Community Services and Mary’s Place. All shifts will start at 700 Virginia location to pick up outreach supplies. Commitment: Commitment minimum is 2x/month, 1 hour each time at a FareStart table at an out-reach event. The time of day varies depending on location. Most events are midday on weekdays and requires a flexible schedule.
Attire: Business casual attire is preferred. As a representative in our community and as a model of our program to new students, we want to make sure we look the part!
We'll work with your schedule.
700 Virginia StreetSeattle, WA 98101
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We would expect volunteers to commit to two outreach events a month (about an hour each)
- Volunteers will need their own transportation. Each shift, volunteers will pick up outreach materials at FareStart 700 Virginia offices and drive to the outreach event.