SMART Girls Mentor
10 people are interested
Overview: SMART Girls helps girls develop healthy attitudes. SMART Girls is a small-group health, fitness, prevention/education, and self-esteem enhancement program designed to meet the developmental needs of girls in three age groups, spanning ages 8 to 18. Through dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips and mentoring opportunities with adult women, Club girls explore their own and societal attitudes and values as they build skills for eating right, staying physically fit, getting good health care and developing positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Maintain a safe working environment for the youth
- Help youth to develop and refine their various art skills
- Greet and check in all members
- Assist with all projects going on in the room
- Assist Program Partners running SMART Girls activities with youth in the space
- Provide ideas and feedback for potential projects
- Be a flexible member of the Boys & Girls Club team
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Energetic and creative thinker
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to multitask
About BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF GREATER LOWELL
657 MIDDLESEX STREET, LOWELL, MA 01851, US
To inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
With more than 100 years of history, the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell has been serving generations of the community’s youth as a safe place to learn and grow. We currently have over 300 club members, and we strive to help them develop into valued, impactful citizens within their community.
Currently, 21.5% of the Lowell population is in poverty, making Lowell the 16th most impoverished city in Massachusetts. In the 2015-2016 academic year, almost 20% of Lowell High School students did not graduate within 4 years.
The purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is to provide the youth of Lowell with a safe space to challenge themselves academically, engage with their peers, adopt healthy habits, and become valued members of society.
We'll work with your schedule.
657 Middlesex StreetLowell, MA 01851
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Physical Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Tuesday nights from 5:30 pm- 7:00 pm