Disaster Computer Operations Associate
4 people are interested
The purpose of Disaster Services Technology is to provide communications, technology, and support to individuals and work sites on a disaster relief operation.
* Use, set up, trouble shoot PC technology including PC hardware, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
* Provide equipment to workers.
* Track and monitor networking systems to ensure optimum functionality.
* Demonstrates good organizational skills.
* Demonstrated computer operation skills in any procedure-oriented role at the chapter or equivalent.
* Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
* Demonstrated customer service skills through client contact in chapter work.
* Demonstrates ability to involve appropriate others in managing problems and conflict.
* Ability to acquire and evaluate information.
* Demonstrates skills in Computer Operations systems & procedures.
* Has personal experience or volunteer work using and troubleshooting PC technology- hardware, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to follow written procedures and verbal instructions, to ask questions, and communicate results.
* Is able to:
Lift/carry 20 lbs. and/or 5- lbs. multiple times/shift.
Stand and /or sit for two-hour periods.
Walk on uneven terrain and walk for two miles during a shift.
Bend or stoop and/or crawl on the floor or ground multiple times a shift.
Work outdoors in inclement weather.
Able to step up/down 18 inches and climb two or more flights of stairs.
Speak clearly on phone and in person.
Work for long periods on computer.
Drive in day time and at night.
Location is any disaster relief operation site where computer technology is used and supported. (i.e. Shelters, districts, Disaster Response Operation headquarters).
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Local Disaster Responses: a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day for multiple, consecutive days. National Response: 12-14 hour days for extended periods. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Training provided.