Disaster Logistics Transportation Associate
The purpose of the logistics transportation activity is to maintain, inventory, and service Red Cross owned vehicles and track all vehicles used on a disaster relief operation.
* Obtain and/or deliver rental vehicles (vans, box trucks, etc.) as requested to Disaster Response Operation work sites and return to rental vendor.
* Courier and deliver/pick up supplies, mail, etc. between Disaster Response Operation work sites.
* Register and track vehicles used on the Disaster Response Operation electronically.
* Ability to inspect and operate vehicles and to separate and deliver packages.
* Ability to assist other activities in the delivery and return of vehicles and with mail procedures and processes.
* Ability to implement Transportation Management Standards and Procedures and follow associated job tools including reporting requirements.
* Ability to work with Mass Care on the tracking of Emergency Response Vehicles.
*Ability to receive and follow directions, work independently and with a team.
* Computer skills desirable-spreadsheets, excel, etc.
* Good organizational skills, responsible and punctual.
* Is able to:
Sit for 2 hour periods
Spend hours writing, reading small print or working on the computer
Speak clearly on phone and in person
Climb two or more flights of stairs
Drive in day time and at night
Location is Disaster Response Operations Headquarters or other work sites as assigned.
Regional responses: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days.
Beyond Regional responses: 12-14 hour days for extended periods depending on distance. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
To volunteer please sign-up online at www.redcross.org/volunteer.
About American Red Cross - Orange County
601 North Golden Circle Dr., Santa Ana, CA 92705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting life saving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
600 Park Center Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- Inventory Management
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Local Disaster Responses: a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day for multiple, consecutive days. National Response: 12-14 hour days for extended periods. Time and length of commitment will vary by operation.
- Training provided.