Join our Westlake Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee!
1 person is interested
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer's disease and dementia? Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer's Association and our largest fundraiser, the Walk to End Alz?
Then we need YOU!
In order to grow the Walk to End Alzheimer's, we must continue to enlist and empower more volunteers to help us extend our reach on the Walk Planning Committee.
- Event Chair and Co-Chair: Volunteer leader for the planning and execution of Walk to End Alz. These positions are responsible for recruiting an effective volunteer committee focused on raising revenue, increasing awareness and implementing event activities. They will provide leadership through delegation and support the committee.
- Sponsorship Chair: Serves as the primary lead for recruiting new sponsors to the event, as well as strengthening relationships with existing sponsors. This position also works to identify opportunities to engage the business community in the mission of the Alzheimer Association’s through Walk. The Walk Sponsorship Chair will be responsible for engaging sponsors in all Walk activities.
- Team Recruitment Chair: Responsible for recruitment of new Walk teams and a New Team Kickoff event. Responsible for recruiting new Walk teams from all sectors of the community and coach the new teams to fundraise through calls with team captains.
- Team Retention Chair: Responsible for retaining prior Walk teams' registration. This position will also assist in planning and executing the post-Walk Celebration Party and past team registration sign-up event.
- Marketing and Outreach Chair: Responsible for creating awareness and promotion of the event. Ensure collateral distribution takes place across the community and recruit a committee to help in building public awareness of the Alzheimer’s Association through the promotion of Walk to End Alz.
- Mission Chair: Responsible for mission and public policy activities at the Walk to End Alz, including the Promise Garden. Also responsible for connecting the community, teams and team members to the mission throughout the season. They also serve as the primary lead for identifying opportunities to engage Walk participants in advocacy efforts before, during and post-event.
- Logistics Chair: Responsible for day of event logistical needs and recruits and trains day of event volunteers to ensure a great event experience for all participants. Works with all committee members to ensure Walk day components (such as the start/finish line, opening ceremony, and the walk route) are well planned.
The Westlake Commons2900 Townsgate RoadWestlake Village, CA 91361
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Committee members meet monthly and assist with sponsorship sales, team recruitment and cultivation and day of event logistics. We'll find a role that suits your availability, skill set or interests!