Community Relations and Outreach Lead
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Come and be part of the American Red Cross, Services to the Armed Forced (SAF) Department as a regional team lead! Lead the Community Relations and Outreach Team as they work to engage with community partners to champion support for the military community!!
- Manage a volunteer team to develop community partnerships
- Work with the regional leadership engaged with developing community partnerships
- Attend coalition and partner meetings
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key community organizations/agencies
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Willing and able to support the Red Cross SAF mission and have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families and veterans' issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to schedule changes
- Knowledge of Red Cross policy
- Knowledge of military and community resources
- Ability to manage a group
- Basic computer skills
- Ability/desire to learn the Red Cross tracking platforms
Training is provided at no cost. The Community Relations and Outreach Lead asked to give a minimum 8-10 hours of service per week. The amount of time this position takes can vary based on team needs.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/local/ohio/buckeye/volunteer.html, scrolling down the page and clicking on the red "Get Started" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact, Becky Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at 614-395-3924 or at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
995 E. Broad StColumbus, OH 43205
- Group Facilitation
- Basic Computer Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 8-10 hours per week - time commitment can vary based upon team needs
- Some travel may be required - the regional lead helps team members in the 45 county area