1 person is interested
The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about prospective volunteer candidates while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited for.
- Conducts volunteer screenings with prospective volunteers.
- Studies and learns each volunteer position description.
- Prepares for each screening interview (i.e. reads a candidates application
questionnaire and the corresponding position description they are applying for).
- Asks identifying questions, during the screening interview, appropriate to the
responsibilities and qualifications for the volunteer position requested.
Provides prospective volunteers with information about the intake, referral and
- Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on
skills, interest, availability and available options.
- Updates Volunteer Connection, our online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
4155 Diamond Head RoadHonolulu, HI 96816
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hours per week. Screening interviews can be conducted in the evenings as well as on the weekend or weekdays
- Must be comfortable working on a computer and within a system that we use to manage our volunteers. Must be able to use a computer with internet access at home, OR be able to come into the headquarters office to complete tasks.